Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Well, I managed to create a blog.  Many people suggested I have one - many people were going to help me!  Thank you Marcus and Julia for helping me to set it up.  I still have no idea what I am doing and you may notice that I was editing the original page instead of adding new posts each time, so the order may be a bit awry.

I had been expecting help from many people for many things, from fixing tiles to setting up a proper EBay site,  but I finally realised I am on my own.  I can only do my best.

Our best friends who returned to the UK no longer really keep in contact although they were going to write at least once a month and I still miss them.  Obviously people have their own lives and are busy so I will carry on regardless - probably making a complete hash of most things.  Years ago I taught many people how to use computers but technology is moving so fast now I have difficulty in keeping up - could also be that I am a pensioner, or silver surfer, as we are known.

Back to the original Avon then.  Shortly before stopping the newsletters I bought a little white bottle in the shape of a man with a top hat, monocle and walking stick.  No paper label but I was sure it was Avon.  On a village trip to le Harve and surrounding area I found the house of a write who had created a character called Arsene Lupin and he fits the description perfectly.  I have shown the bottle to several French people and they agree that this is who it represents.  I would love to know when it was produced/sold in France.

My website appears to have stopped altogether now so you will be unable to contact me on Avonmagpies.com, but you can find me through AngloInfo if you look hard enough.  I also hoped to  have someone tell me how to add my contact details to my blog - that hasn't happened either, so please be patient, I will figure it out eventually I hope.

That's about it for today, feeling a bit sorry for myself so hopefully the next post should be a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment